Friday 3 February 2017

Special card for a special goodbye.

Hello - time to share a commissioned card. I love that I can make such personalised cards - This was for a teacher who was leaving. I was able to find the perfect image from Some Odd Girl called Little Loves - the Tobie version.(It is available with a little girl also.)  I used a colour scheme to match the Nursery uniform colours and to colour the image to match the hair and add names. Where else can you get a card so specific unless you go to a crafter for handmade!?

The papers are all from Doodlebug - The multi-coloured stars are from Anchors Aweigh pad,  the notepad is from Hello Sunshine and the blue ziz-zag from Kraft in Colour has been used to cut stars with a nestibilities die. The letters spelling out Gaynor and the small star sprinkles are also Doodlebug.

I also added a strip of yellow ribbon and a button which I tied a twine bow around. I stamped the top part of the greeting using Harolds ABC stamps from Lawn Fawn and then added some big Chalkboard letters from Jenni Bowlin. I think it ties it all together really nicely.

I used these promarkers and flexmarkers to colour the image -
Skin  - Antique white, Blush, Soft Peach, Coral, Spice and Baby Pink cheeks
Her Hair - Warm Greys
Her Top - Mulberry & Plum Preserve
Her trousers - Demin Blue, Polar Blue &Pastel Blue.

His hair - Burnt Sienna, Firewood, Cocoa & Walnut
His Top - Egyptian Blue, Royal Blue & Indigo Blue
His trousers - Cool Grey 2, 3, 4 & 5

I hope you like this card and the special person its made for does too!
Liz (:(|)x

5 comments: