Thursday 3 January 2013

Happy New Year Monkey Mates (:(|)x

It's 2013! I suspect it won't be much different to 2012 but only time will tell what this new year has in store for me and the Monkeys. I've really enjoyed doing my cards lately and have started to enter them into challenges so thought I would show you what I have been upto.

So here is the Some Odd Girl challenge - This is the sketch that the card has to be based on and it must use an image from http://www.someoddgirlblog.com/2013/01/january-challenge/. (If you haven't visited yet.... go now! The images are brilliant! Tell the Girls I sent you...)


And here are the cards I made based on this sketch - need to decide which one to enter now...


This is a Some Odd Girl image, coloured with Promarkers and my new flex markers that I got for Christmas. It is embellished with lace, diamante swirls and resin flowers (Which are my favourite things at the mo!) These lovelies are from ... The papers are from Echo Park and I also used a Spellbinders die cut to make the frame. 


This is another SOG image which I cut the dress slightly to make her look like she was holding the wooden birdcage which I've covered in Stickles. The Background paper is Carta Bella, embellished with more pink resin flowers and gems.


This final card is also a SOG image and I made it for a friends birthday. I added some twine to look like the guitar wire. The background I cut for several different papers from My Minds Eye and then sewed them together. Shocker - no resin flowers or gems!! Just mirri card stars (Got to get a bit of bling in somewhere!! Hard to do whilst trying to keep a card Manly...

So which do you think I should enter into the challenge....

4 comments:

  1. I love them all, but number 1 is gorgeous and my favourite xx
    Cherylin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved looking at all of your gorgeous creations on the new SOG forum!! Great work! Thanks for participating in the monthly challenge at SOG!

    ReplyDelete