Saturday 28 February 2015

Chip's 40th Birthday Cards.

Yep - the year of the 40th continues... This times show is for the cards made for Chips! Aka Dave - that's his real name. I know not why he is called Chips ... other than he likes Chips??! 
The first card is from us two as he loves cars. I used a Waltzing Mouse stamp which I coloured in red. I used my cameo to cut the 40 from Black card and mounted them on orange based on road markings. I cut away the front of the card and used Acetate to create a see through panel - behind it I placed some Doodlebug papers. I also used my cameo to cut the Happy Birthday, and finally I added some Stickles to the lights and a little glaze to the windscreen of the car.


This card is from Nan to Chips. Chips goes to Bingo with Nan and has always loved the cards I've made for her with the Bingo cards on and asked Nan if one could be made for him - so here it is. Hope it lives up to his expectations! If you hadn't guessed - he also loves Darts!
I used American craft Thickers for his name and 40. The bingo card and greeting were from Simple Stories. I highlighted the 27th - his birthday with a die cut star embellished with green gems and added a digital image of a darts player from Digistamp Boutique, coloured as always with Promarkers. 


The problem (Not really?!) with making cards is you have to come up with several ideas for the same person - Card No3 for Chips.


This card used another Digistamp Boutique image. I coloured him using promarkers. The papers are from My Minds Eye and the lettering is Doodlebug. I added some stickles to the beers head and glaze on the Pint glass. The stars are cut from Spellbinders. I added a few green stars from Kars to finish the top corner as it looked a bit empty.
It was the surprise party last night so I can post these now and I can happily report that Chips loved them all!

Next stop - Big birthdays for the Dads.
See you soon.
 (:(|)x

1 comment: