Sunday 29 November 2015

Peg leg Pete

Morning - I thought I'd have a break from the christmas creations just before December kicks in and the festive period takes hold. So I have used Peg leg Pete to make something a bit different.


I do love Christmas but it seems to start earlier and earlier every year... I refuse to put my decorations up until December starts but then don't want to take them down as everywhere looks so bare afterwards.
So I am taking a stand and Peg Leg Pete is my little bit of rebellion against the early Christmas... He is such a fab image and so full of character. I purposefully added a general greeting so I can use this card for any occasion.


I used anchor paper from Project life Becky Higgins collection called Baby Boy. All the other papers are from Doodlebug. The red zizzag and wood effect are both from the Kraft in colour collection. I used lime swiss dot to cut the banner using the Die-namics die. I stuck the letters from Hobbycraft on to spell out "Ahoy" and attached this to the card using 3d foam.
The compass in the right is a stamp from Stampendous Changito Pirates collections and I coloured it with a gold pen, some star dust stickles and a red gem in the centre.  I also used stickles on the cuffs and collar of Petes shirt, along with gold and silver pen to add some metallic detail.

To colour Peg Leg Pete I used these promarkers & flexmarkers -
Skin - Spice, Coral, Soft Peach, Blush, Antique White.
Jacket - Polar Blue, Capri blue & Midnight blue.
Hat & Trousers - Cool Grey 1 - 5
Casket - Caramel & Raw Sienna
Boot & Leg - Caramel, Raw Sienna & Saddle brown.
Shoulders & parrot - Poppy, Ruby & Cardinal red.
Parrot - True Blue & Sky Blue, Lime zest & Lime Green.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -
Crazy for Challenges - Sketch 
Crafty Catz - Masculine
Creative fingers - ATG
Simply papercrafts - ATG.
4 crafty chicks - Masculine.
Crafty Girls creations - ATG 
Southern girls - pattern paper.
Inspiration Destination - ATG
Simon says - ATG




Right - I need to go and get ready for Church. Need to pray for some dry weather as we are off to York for a few days to make a dint in the Christmas shopping. Excited as we are going to Jamie Olivers restaurant for dinner one night too... You know how much I love my food!
Hope you all have a lovely day,
Liz
(:(|)x



5 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love that image and your layout! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
    Tina - 4CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant fabulous Pirate card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute nautical card and image. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz.

    ReplyDelete