Tuesday 18 August 2015

Beach Bum Bob

Sorry I'm late with this post - Its been up on the Dr Digi page since Sunday but I had a crazy morning... This is what I wrote  -

Morning All - Wow I would love to be relaxing somewhere with a cocktail right now... Really rubbish morning so far! I've been working late so was trying to get this post up for your this morning as soon as I woke but my laptop has decided to die on me! Ever tried to do a blog post via an ipad??

Anyway to cut a long story short.... I'm now rushing!! But hopefully you will be able to see the Fabulous Beach Bum Bob below.... I am so very ready for a holiday by the sea in some tropical paradise...


Our Bob still has his party shirt on despite the fact hes stranded... nothing will get him down!
Check him and his mates out over at the shop at Dr Digi

I used 3 different papers from Kaisercraft Say Aloha collection and cut around the flowers from one sheet to create the front, which I raised slightly with 3D foam. Even the greeting is from the paper pack. I love using packs which have everything all co-ordinating! The flamingo paper clip is from Tesco! 

I coloured Bob using Promarkers and Flexmarkers -
Skin - Antique White, Blush, Soft Peach, Coral & Spice.
Shorts - Soft Khaki & Khaki.
Hair - Warm grey 2 & 4
Bag & Hat -  Saffron & Raw Sienna.
Shirt - Baby pink, Cerise & Magenta.
Coconut - Henna & Saddle Brown.
I edged around Bob with Powder blue to make him standout a bit.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -
Heart 2 Heart - Good day Sunshine.
Digi Choosday - For the Men.
Crafty Boots - Fair & Square. 

Have a great week people and fingers crossed the sun currently coming though my windows stays with us long enough to get our cocktails like Bob!
Liz (:(|)x






12 comments:

  1. Great card, such fun. Love how you have combined the papers and image to create the scene. The flamingo paperclip is just perfect - I definitely need some of those in my life! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a lovely and colorful greeting,love the papers and the bamboo at the top,all matches beautifully Sheena GD@polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, great image and the backing paper is amazing. Thank you for playing along with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your laptop hasn't gone to laptop heaven Lilibet, great chunks of our lives are stored inside and we don't realise how reliant we are on them until something happens.
    Love the card, the bright and cheerful colours are certainly making me think of holidays in warmer climes.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo Lorraine - I reckon it could have been saved but I decided to treat myself to a new one... its taking a bit of getting used to as it has touch screen as well as keyboard! Bit too fancy for me!!! x

      Delete
  5. I like the way you incorporated the three different design papers in one for the background of this funny character. Very colorful. Good luck on your challenges.

    ReplyDelete