Friday 22 January 2016

Be a Macaron...

Hello All, I made this card for a friends birthday - its perfect for her as she is a bit crazy! The image and statement are stamps from Stamping Bella called Uptown Girl Monique loves Macarons. (Sorry the pic isn't the best.)


I made this card using the colour scheme for the Stamping Bella Friday challenge but I got kept on late at work yesterday (I love a 17hr shift!) so I didn't get chance to post it on time.
The papers I've used are from My Favourite Things - Smitten collection and I simply mounted them onto red bazzill. I also added a few red gems in the corner and used Star Dust stickles on the Macarons. I die cut the image used some new dies I treated myself to from Die-namics called Wonky Stitched Rectangles... names says exactly what it is!

I used these promarkers & flexmarkers to colour Monique -
Skin - Coral, Soft Peach, Blush & Antique White.
Hair - Buttercup, Raw Sienna, Sleigh Bells & Pineapple Crush.
Macarons - Pastel Green, Oasis & Turquoise.
                   Red, Poppy, Ruby & Burgandy.
                   Baby pink, Cocktail pink & Salmon Pink.
                   Vanilla, Buttercup, Pineapple Crush & Sleigh Bells.
Filling - Cinnanom, Cocoa & Chestnut.
Dress - Warm Greys
Trousers - Oasis
Pumps - Poppy.

I really like the combo of Turquoise and red together - So much so that my craft room is done out in these colours. 
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -
Through the purple haze - ATG 
Southern Girls Challenge - ATG
Little Miss Muffet Challenge - ATG
Color throwdown - Colour combo.
Naughty or nice - Lets get silly
Open Minded Crafting - Something new.


Thanks for stopping by - Don't forget to leave a comment to let me know you've been.
Liz (:(|)X

28 comments:

  1. What a delicious card! Super colouring. Thanks for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Through the Purple Haze,Jackie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve a medal for that 17 hour shift! Poor you! Great card, I love it... Just perfect for our Naughty or Nice January Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card! Your colouring is beautiful, too. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your macarons look good enough to eat! What a great way to use the colors!! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, that image is awesome and I love macaroons! Perfect sentiment as well! Thank you for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the colors! Those are some big cookies!! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown challenge with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors and layout of your card. Those macaroons look fantastic, thanks for joining us at Open-minded crafting fun!

    Monica DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I LOVE this card! Such a fun one! Thank you for joining Through The Purple Haze, good luck :)

    Lisbeth @ Lisbeths hobbyer
    Through The Purple Haze
    CT Lacy Sunshine
    MiC Gal

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a gorgeous card. Such a sweet image and I love the colour choices. Thank you for joining us at Southern Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card with great colours! I love the Stickles on the macarons. :) Thanks for joining Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges, good luck! Hope to see you back again soon.

    Hanne, DT
    Handmade By Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is fabulous. Love that digi and how you have coloured. Great work.
    Thank you for entering the Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this!! Love this images/stamp! It's fantastic! You colored it so great! I love it!! Love the red gems and the stickles! Added just the right touch! So sorry you didn't get it posted in time! I hate that :( That was a really long day!! And that rectangle wonky stitch die!! Now that I have to have!! That will definitely be added to my wish list!! I LOVE it!!!! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Sentimental Susan - Etsy}
    {Sentimental Susan - Zibbet}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a Lovely Card, Those Macaroons look good enough to eat. Thank you for joining us for our challenge 'Try Something New' at Open-Minded Crafting Fun.
    Samantha (AngelicBadGirl) DT

    ReplyDelete