Friday 29 January 2016

Zac is 3. (When did that happen??)

Im posting today the card I made for our Godsons 3rd Birthday. This is such a lovely image from All dressed up stamps- which you can find here. It is called It's a Pirates Life.

It was really fun to colour and I love using blues and reds together and I thought it would look good on a circular card base. I used a scalloped circle Nestibilities die from Spellbinders to cut the image and the blue mat- which is from Doodlebug Kraft in colour collection. The ribbon co-ordinated well with the colour of the waves and allowed me to attached the tag which is from Craftwork cards.
I used Doodlebug pendant stickers which I mounted onto black card to stand out and also Doodlebug numbers and letters to spell on today.

I used stickles on the clouds to make them shimmer and added some silver pen to the anchor and swords as well as some gold to other metal objects. I also used white gel pen on the waves to give them a little dimension. You can't really see it on these pictures but I used some pale blue pencil to tint the sky.

I used these promarkers and flexmarkers on the image -
Boat - Tan, Nutmeg, Raw Sienna, Cocoa & Burnt Umber.
Skin - Antique white, Blush, Soft Peach & Coral.
Clothes and flags - True Blue  & Poppy Red.
Flags & Hat - Cool greys 5, 4&3 (1 to shade the white areas)
Sea - Sea mist, Pastel Green & Oasis.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -
Have a good weekend everyone - speak soon,
Liz (:(|)x



13 comments:

  1. Liz, this is a fabulous card, I love the round design and your colouring and cad design are really gorgeous. What a great keepsake for Zac.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable! Your grandson will be over the moon with this card! Great coloring & fabulous design! I'm so glad you could join us for the QKR Stampede weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pirate scene and I love the name on the flag bunting - so sensible to pick a name with only three letters, a crafters dream! Thanks for sharing at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable,super cute card for a special little boy,thanks for joining in with us at MA and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute cute card :D
    Zac is such a lucky boy!
    Thanks for playing along in the Morgan's Artworld Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is wonderful. Love the shape, the image and all the layers. Great card for a little lad. Thanks so much for playing along with our Babies & Little Boys theme at The Male Room! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete