Saturday 2 January 2016

Mother & Father Christmas.

This card I made for the Boyf's parents. The image is from Whimsy Doodles called Santa and Friends. I love the simple lines of the image - its so crisp and clean!



I covered a base card with Doodlebug paper from the North Pole collection called Holly Days.
Across the middle I glued some red ribbon and a handtied bow. Above the ribbon I used a Lawn Fawn die cut greeting cut from Red Mirri card. I die cut the image with a Nestibility and mounted it onto Gold Mirri. I have coloured the belt buckle with Gold pen and also some stickles on the fluffy cuffs & his hat. I also used a little glaze on Mother Christmas' glasses and finally used American crafts Thickers called Woodland Gold foil to spell out Mum & Dad.

I used these Promarkers & flexmarkers to colour the image -
Skin - Antique white, blush, soft peach, coral & spice.
Beard - Powder blue
Mrs Christmas hair - Ice grey 1
Clothes - Poppy, Ruby & Cardinal red.
Belt - Ice grey 5,4 & 3
Holly leaves - Emerald & pine.

I also made a card using this image for my folks too using the same promarker pens -

This paper is also from the same Doodlebug collection and I've used a different shape Nestie. The only other difference is the layout and the felt Holly leaves with a red bell for the berry. These I got last year from Hobbycraft - they were one of those things we crafters buy and then can't bear to use up!!
 
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -

I hope you have all had a Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year. 
Liz (:(|)x



No comments:

Post a Comment